Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Need to Worry This Bone Just a Bit More

Poor Jorge. If his single mom doesn't get her janitorial job back, he will need to forgo college and get a job.

I guess it would be completely out of the realm of reason to wonder why he couldn't go to college while holding down (at least) a part time job. I did it. Many successful people I know, did it. I didn't realize until now what a hero I was. Or maybe the community college he was planning on attending rivals MIT in its rigorous curriculum.

Upon further reflection, I guess I can see it from his perspective. That pesky job would waste the precious off-school hours he could be devoting to marching in protests, attending rallies, and meeting with other dimwits to yell about taking power back from "the man". Or, just, you know, hanging out.


No comments:

Post a Comment