Friday, December 3, 2010

Sign O' The Times

I like to have background noise pretty much all the time. Even when I practice. My mom never got over my habit of having a sitcom or such playing on TV while I was working on a Bach partita or a Beethoven sonata.

"How can you concentrate with all this racket going on?"

I didn't know what how to answer her because I couldn't figure it out myself. Recently, I read that people with ADD generally do this sort of thing. Do I have ADD? Who the hell knows? And what does it matter?

All this preamble to explain why I was searching for old sitcoms on Hulu. Found one from the 80's and got excited because I love Tony Danza. So, here's the premier episode of a show that wouldn't have even been considered in today's social climate. Take a wild guess as to why.



Society suffers, and we become less than we could have been, when half of the population is considered potentially guilty simply for the fact that they possess XY chromosomes.

A sad and thought-provoking post at Free Range Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment