Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Friendship File - Where I Lose Friends and Alienate People

Wait. You want me to give some charity my money so that you can get (back) in shape? How does your running/biking/swimming a vast distance benefit humanity in any way?

You want me to contribute? Do something really hard. Like talk to a disabled person and do what you can to ease their burden. Or visit with people in old-age homes. Hell, you can even clean trash off the freeways. I'm not picky.

I just ask that you actually contribute your time and effort toward something other than burning off the nachos you overindulged in last night.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the new military recruiting ads that cater to narcissistic gen-xers (or whatever "gen" we're up to by now) by telling them that they'll be "an army of ONE," rather being part of a team that is bigger than themselves, which is the ACTUAL experience of being in the military...or so I'm told by people who are willing to risk their lives for something. Me, my biggest risk is breaking the occasional drumstick. ;-)

    ReplyDelete