Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some People Claim That There's A Woman To Blame

"I told her I don't have papers to work here and need her help," the worker said at a press conference in attorney Gloria Allred's office. Whitman's husband "was very angry and said, 'I told you, I told you she was going to bring us problems.' Ms. Whitman turned to him and said, 'Calm down, calm down.' "
She said Whitman's husband "yelled" at her. "I was crying for fear and intimidation. With a face full of tears, I told them, 'I believe in people. And I believe people deserve a chance. I also told them I don't wish them any harm. I just wanted their help."

Man, that Meg Whitman is one cold, heartless chick. Someone begs her for help and she turns the other way? With all her money and connections?

Wait, what? This wasn't a random, downtrodden person looking for some assistance?

You mean to tell me that after 9 years of consistently lying to her employer, after submitting documents, including a Social Security card (now clearly known not to be legitimate) and a drivers license, she decides to come clean and then expects to be enveloped in the warm, welcoming embrace of instant acceptance?

That seems a bit much to swallow. But, ok, we all make mistakes, and she must have been in a really tough spot to have left her previous life and illegally entered another country.

I'm just wondering how she could possibly expect a woman who is now running for a major political office to knowingly break the law.

And I think this part needs repeating. She lied to Whitman for 9 years. Day after day, month after month, year after year.

So she outs herself and doesn't get the reaction she was hoping for.  What does she do? Thank her lucky stars that she had 9 years of steady employment, at a pay rate ($23 per hour) practically unheard of for domestic workers and walk quietly away, knowing that she is by definition a criminal?

Come on, don't be naive. This is California, land of the absurd.

She hires a celebrity lawyer. Yup.





Good old Gloria Allred. This Gloria Allred:


Stated on her KABC radio show her belief that single women on welfare should be given taxpayer-funded fertility treatment if they are unable to conceive.

After she brought her sex-discrimination suit against The Boy Scouts, Ms. Allred was asked if she would represent a man suing the WNBA, LPGA or a woman's college. Her response was, "That's a good question. I don't have an answer for you."

So, I guess now that we can't have people running for office based on their qualifications and stated stances on issues, we're going to throw just any mess on the wall and see what sticks. Got it.

"This is a shameful example of the politics of personal destruction practiced by people like Jerry Brown and Gloria Allred.  The charges are without merit."

Finally, Meg. At long last, I can agree with something you've said.

Count me in for November. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment